Monday, March 28, 2011

Is my story plot good or bad?

It sounds alright but I think its a little over-the-top angsty and there's no real character growth. I think it would be far more interesting to read about the girls struggles to come to terms with what's happened and overcome the idea that her parents will be ashamed of her. It doesn't have to have a happy ending. Maybe her parents could be really disappointed in her still but she learns to accept the consequences of her decisions and be happy with herself again. You can still have the suicide scene, but I don't like it that she actually dies. Not because its depressing---Im totally fine with depressing endings where the main character dies. But in this case, I just don't see any character growth throughout the story and that kind of bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment